Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Offer

Finally! So many hours and months of searching are over (for a time)! Last Friday (22nd) evening I got a call from Bill Frack of LEK Consulting offering me a 10-week internship starting June 9th in the L.A. office. We're exceptionally stoked, as LEK was at the top of our list, tied neck-in-neck with BCG for "#1 place we want to work." We're feeling very blessed and happy with this new opportunity.

Another BYU student also got an offer... It's a very rare occurrence for LEK to take two interns from the same school, especially since the schools we were competing against were UCLA and Stanford. I know the other student and he's a pretty chill guy (he's also married). It'll be nice for both Rachel and myself to have someone nearby who we know.

Now our major issue is finding some good housing. Housing is pretty freaking expensive in LA and it's hard to find anyone who wants to rent for 10 weeks (most want a 1-year contract). I'm sure we'll find something. I'm also sure it'll take a LOT of research. Fortunately, however, the BYU alumns who are working at the LA office have offered their help and seem to be really cool. So, that should make life easier.

All in all...we're very stoked.

No comments: