
Valentine's Day is not a day that someone should be depressed. I know, I know I'm not single. How am I allowed to tell others to not be depressed when I have no reason to be?
Do you want to know how my Valentine's is going? I dropped my husband off at school, went to the gym, then picked him up. We went home and ate strawberrys and pink popcorn. I dropped him off at his parent's house then I went to work. What are we doing tonight?
We'll be reading scriptures over the phone while he's in Dallas in a strange hotel room. Am I bitter, sad, or depressed? No.
Well, I am sad that we will be apart for 1 whole night, but I don't think I am anymore sad than if he left on Groundhog's day, or say, a Tuesday. I don't think we need a day to tell us to be romantic.
I like the idea of Valentine's day being fun. Giving Valentines to family and friends. That's what it should be about. Now that I have someone I realize just how shortsighted I was every other Valentine's Day. I was so focused on not having someone to share it with that I didn't even realize I had lots of people that I could share it with. One year my roommate and I did go out for V-Day. We got all dolled up and ate at T.G.I.Fridays. It was fun. And no we weren't bitter and didn't do any male bashing.
Tonight I will be hanging out with my old roommates. One doesn't have a boyfriend and the other has a fiance in another state. My husband will also be in another state. No use throwing a pity party. There are all kinds of reasons to be happy about life and too many sorrows to waste time trying to find more.
Valentine's Day is a day for all kinds of love.
By the way, Ryan and I are celebrating our half anniversaries on February 18th instead of Valentine's. I think it's much more personal. 6 months this Monday! Whoo hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment