Sunday, January 18, 2009

I ain't crazy and I ain't a guy!

I meant to write this post last week but got a bit tied up! It's great to be back at L.E.K.! So many cool people here to hang out with, so much engaging work to do. Sure, I might have worked 71 hours and 45 minutes this week (including a 2:00 a.m. night and ~10 hours today, Saturday), but I've genuinely enjoyed most of what I've done during that time. What a blessing to have a job that I enjoy!

The project I'm working on is pretty interesting. The best part about the case, though, is that I'm not qualified to do our expert-interviews (i.e. I don't have a masters or PhD in chemistry or life sciences), which means that I spend most of my time doing data and market analysis rather than talking on the phone. And yes, I genuinely, without a trace of sarcasm, get excited about doing data and market analysis.

Rachel is working every bit as hard if not harder than I am. She's been scrapbooking like crazy and getting plenty of comments on her layouts, some of them from senior designers. I'm so proud of my wife! She's also done a fantastic job of getting the apartment most of the way put together. It's already feeling like "home", which is great! We haven't had a place that really felt like home since Mom and Dad moved to Eugene. It's an odd feeling to live somewhere where we'll be staying AT LEAST 2-years. Can you believe it? I've found myself actually doing things like cleaning up after myself (I know, completely out of character for me).

This has been another one of Ryan's Ramblings.

P.S. We put together Bennett's crib and stroller! His room's almost all the way put together! I'm sure Rachel will post pictures en seguida.

No comments: