Yesterday I was out front of Rachel's Mom's house (we're in Arizona) playing football with my nephew (Sky) and his cousin (Jr.). Sky dropped back to pass and I rushed him. I stuck my hand up to block his pass and the ball hit my wedding ring, which went flying. I got down on my hands and knees and started digging through the grass and leafs looking for it.
Next thing I know Rachel comes out and asks, "Ryan, what are you doing?" I responded, "Why, crawling around on my hands and knees of course." She countered, "Yes, but WHY are you crawling around on your hands and knees?" When I told her, Rachel went in and got her Mom and niece (Nikki) to come help look.
We all dug through the grass for well over an hour. I was starting to despair a bit, but I knew I couldn't stop looking until I found it, even if everyone else gave up and went in. However, thankfully, they didn't give up and go inside, they all stayed there with me.
Eventually I stopped looking in the yard and went to look in the street, thinking maybe it had flown farther than I thought. I noticed Nikki was digging through leafs on the wrong end of the yard... I was going to suggest she look elsewhere, somewhere where the ring might actually be, but decided against discouraging her. Shortly thereafter, I heard Nikki let out a little shriek of joy because she had found my ring!
No sooner had she found it when Sky and Jr. both declared with confidence, "Oh yeah, I knew that's where it was." I couldn't help but wonder why they hadn't spoken up sooner if that were actually the case... haha
Thanks so much Nikki, and everyone else for your help in searching!
No comments:
Post a Comment