Monday, September 08, 2008

Big news!

I've pretty much been on hiatus from blogging all summer. There is a lot to catch up on so here is a nice bullet list.

  • We had an amazing anniversary in Hollywood. Ryan surprised me with tickets to see Wicked! I thought we wouldn't be able to go, so I stopped asking when we first got there, but he had already bought them! I actually liked our hotel room; we thought it was going to be a trashy little place, but it was actually pretty snazzy.
  • Ryan bought me a new camera for my anniversary present. I can't wait to put up some pictures. I also can't wait to scrapbook them.
  • We moved all of our stuff out of our apartment in 1 day. We were planning on leaving that Sunday, but decided we didn't want to stay one more day once we had packed up most of our stuff. I'm still amazed we got it to fit.
  • We spent a couple of days in Arizona. (sorry for not visiting friends, it was a super short trip!) It was just long enough to go to the doctors and dentist.
  • By the way we are pregnant. I'm now almost 17 weeks. We heard the baby's heartbeat and everything seems to be well. I do have to go to the hospital to do some more blood work since my glucose test came back not normal. I might have gestational diabetes, which won't be too terrible, but I will have to watch my diet and continually eat. If I could not have it that would be great. Also apparently my immunization to rubella is low and I can't get a shot until after the baby is born. So I'm staying away from kids with mysterious rashes.
  • I've started walking every morning with my friend Megan. I can tell I've been really out of shape. I came up to campus with Ryan to use the internet and I had to stop halfway up the stairs. That's what I get for lying in bed the whole summer (not my fault, darn nausea).
  • We moved into our first apartment where we will live completely alone! And only a year after we've been married. We got what we paid for, but it is a block south of campus and it's ours!
  • I'm not getting a job this fall. We've decided to hit my scrapbooking business a little harder. It's already going well. We just bought a new iMac which I'm in love with.
That's about it for now. I'll post more interesting tidbits when I get to the internet again.

6 comments:

Thorne Family said...

Yeah that is so exciting!!! I can't believe you didn't tell earlier!! If you still have morning sickness just smell some cinnamon. It works! My sister-in-law got morning sickness pretty bad and so she carries cinnamon in her purse. You get to find out what you are having soon!!! If you have any question just ask!!!

Little Crazies said...

YAY!!! i am so excited for you guys! that's so awesome! congrats and we'll have to hang out sometime :)

The Lindes said...

when do you guys have an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby? and hopefully your sugar was just out of whack the day you had the test and it really isnt gestational diabetes...i hated the glucose drink for the test. talk about nasty. we are excited to see some of the pictures from your new camera. it seemed pretty nice when ryan told me about it!

Cranberryfries said...

Congratulations Rachel (and Ryan I guess too, haha)!!! That is exciting. Are you feeling better now with the pregnancy? I had gestational diabetes with my second. Keep us posted!

Courtney and Nate said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so excited for you! Have you felt the baby kick yet? Are you showing yet? Would you rather have a boy or girl or do you not care? I need to know!! Congrats again!

Melissa said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! Hope everything will go well (and hopefully you can skip the whole gestational diabetes part :-) ) YAY i'm so excited for you!!!