Rachel and I are currently staying in Hollywood as we celebrate our one-year anniversary. Yesterday (Saturday), I went out to get us some food. I was driving Hollywood Blvd., a road with 4-lanes, 2 headed in each direction. The particular stretch I was driving on, however, had a third lane for cyclists. I found myself side-by-side with a public bus that was occupying the bike lane. I glanced up ahead and noticed that the bike lane disappeared after the intersection. As we entered the intersection, I wondered if the bus knew this... Since it didn't seem to, I punched my gas to get ahead of it, effectively cutting it off as it tried to get into my lane. I looked in my rear-view mirror in time to see a cop car come up behind the bus as a second cop car swung in front of the bus, stopped, and threw open it's doors blocking the flow of traffic. The bus driver surrendered to the will of the police and pulled over.
As I ordered some Wendy's I couldn't help but wonder what would inspire that kind of reaction towards a bus. I drove back the same direction to have a look-see. The digital display on the outside of the bus, typically used to display a bus' number and route, was flashing the words, "Emergency! Call 911!" There was a host of policemen evacuating the bus (Note, there were no ambulances, so I'm guessing the emergency was not medical in nature). Crazy how close I got to getting in a wreck with a bus that was so swiftly seized by the police! I wish I knew the whole story...
1 comment:
Oooh, crazy! I wish you could just pull over and give someone your info so they'd call ya and tel you what was going on. Oh by the way happy anniversary!
Post a Comment