I did it! For the first time, I broke 60 hours in a work week, with 50 of them coming between Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday night I left the office at 3:30 a.m. (Or I suppose, Thursday morning). Thursday I woke up with 3 hours of sleep to go to a presentation on site at our client's office. It's crazy, but I've found that after 9:00 p.m., it's all pretty much the same no matter how late you're working. I didn't feel significantly different coming home at 12:00 a.m. or at 3:30 a.m. After our presentation on Thursday, the partners turned to us and said, "You guys should go home. Don't argue, and don't go back to the office today." There was no arguing on my part. Intense a week as it was, there may still be 70-80 hour weeks in my future. I surprised myself with my endurance to work 60, hopefully I'll do the same when those longer weeks come around.
I am absolutely loving my internship. For the foreseeable future, strategy consulting is definitely the job for me.
1 comment:
I am glad to know that I had a part in getting you to your goal. However, let the record show that there will be no effort on my part to get to 70+ because this old man avoids those at all costs!
Post a Comment