We had a Macdonald Family Christmas party tonight. I don’t like to brag, but (let’s face it I’m going to anyway) I made some amazing buckeyes. It is a peanut butter and chocolate treat that looks like the nut of a buckeye tree.
These aren’t actually mine, but they look similar. Yeah they were a big hit. I know some people wanted the recipe so here is the one I used from my cooking class.
Buckeye Candy
Candy:
1 stick softened butter
1 3/4 c. (1 18 oz. jar) creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3-3 ¾ cup powdered sugar
Chocolate Coating:
1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 tbsp. vegetable shortening
Candy:
1. Cream butter, peanut butter, and vanilla together, adding powdered sugar gradually until proper consistency is reached. It should be stiff enough to form into a ball and keep its shape, but not dry and crumbly.
2. Roll candy into 3/4-inch balls and place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. ..
Coating:
3. In your smallest saucepan, melt chips and shortening together over low heat.
4. Keep chocolate mixture over low heat while you dip each candy.
5. Using a toothpick, dip each ball, covering all but the tip of the candy ball.
6. Place candy on sheet to cool in freezer or refrigerator.
No comments:
Post a Comment