Sunday, December 16, 2007

End of an Era

So I'm graduating next week. It doesn't really feel like it. In fact it is going to be very anticlimactic. I was only taking 3 classes this semester. They are going to send me my diploma in the mail. I can walk next April, but really, is 4 months later going to feel like it is associated with it at all? I don't think I'll feel like I actually graduated until I walk. Where is all the pomp and circumstance? Where is my graduation pictures with the funny flat hat and a shapeless gown? Where are my flowers? (I expect there to be flowers.) All this will have to wait.
I was hoping that Ryan would graduate with me in April. That would just make it so much better. Plus then I can make him walk. Chances are he's not going to because he's graduating next December and we'll probably be off somewhere else in August '08 or April '09.

I'm definitely walking. 5.5 years of school and I made it. It doesn't seem that hard when I look back on it. Of course this is the anticlimactic feeling again. Maybe if I was taking a full credit load of all the classes I needed to graduate, finishing up a final art show, working my tail off, and not getting any sleep...Maybe then I'd feel like I had accomplished something.

I'm no longer going to be an art major. A title that has defined me for the last few years of my life. What will I be? I don't feel like I can rightfully claim artist. Don't artists have to be...creating art?

I desperately want to. But how can I when there are a billion things on my to-do list. For goodness sake I haven't sent out the thank you notes yet! Which reminds me I gotta go.

No comments: