Monday, November 26, 2007

Last time

It occurs to me that it has been a while since I posted. And the last time I posted I was lamenting about how I've been sick a lot. Well guess what, yup, sick again. This time it skipped Ryan. Hopefully anyway. He really can't afford to at this point. I got a very good blessing from my husband and FIL yesterday and here I am at school today. I'm still not feeling well, but am doing a whole lot better. I've wanted my whole life to have a worthy priesthood holder in my home. I would have never settled for anything less. Life couldn't be better.

In other news, Thanksgiving was great. It was the Macdonald side of the family and I haven't ever had a Thanksgiving that big. And that's the small side of the family. If I couldn't be with my own family (and I mean the one I grew up with, 'cause Ryan is my own family now) then being with Ryan's was just as good.
We spent the holiday trying to finish up our wedding video since we finally got our pictures. I think it looks great.

I don't know if anyone knows this besides Ryan, but I am super excited for Christmas. I mean unbelievably excited. We already put up our tree. I decided that this year would be our budgeting year. Sometimes it is hard not to spend money because of the hey-it's-there-let's-spend-it! mentality. We could have gone all out, but since we are playing poor married couple I thought it would be really cute to just act the part. So we bought a tiny 4 1/2 foot pre-lit tree. We can probably use it later in life after we get our big one. I made a tin foil star and and plan on making some paper chains or something. Also instead of wrapping paper I've used plain butcher paper in Christmas colors. It's actually turned out very classy. We both got new stockings from Aunt Eileen. So far not much has been spent, but I plan on decorating a bunch more. It's all about being creative.
Which of course is my area of expertise. :-)

No comments: