The past several weeks I've been working on my econometrics project which I'm very excited about. I'm using a bootstrapped ordered probit model to determine certain causes and correlates of happiness. Sounds pretty cool right? Well, to me it's genuinely exciting enough that I haven't a single complaint about writing a 15 page paper (with charts and tables in addition to that) on the results of my research. In fact, I'm wondering how I'm going to fit it all into 15 pages.
In addition to that project I'm working on an econometrics project for my Urban Economics class which tests the effectiveness of the D.A.R.E. and G.R.E.A.T. programs in preventing or reducing gang participation. Again, a very interesting issue for me. Interesting enough that when I told my professor what I was planning on doing he asked me to be one of the first to present, which is great, because those who present first get extra credit. This is a 10 page paper (again, with charts and tables in addition to those 10 pages).
I'm also doing an econometrics project for my Financial Economics class (this blog is starting to get redundant, isn't it?). This project I haven't really started yet, but it has something to do with analyzing risk-free rates of return in relation to risky portfolios. This is another 10-page paper which will require collection of data and statistical analysis.
These are all very interesting projects to me which I'm happy to do. There's only one problem...they're all due next week! "Well Ryan," you might say, "You should have started earlier." To you I would say, "I would have been happy to do so, except that I've only recently learned everything I needed to learn in order to complete the projects."
On top of all of those projects, I also have to decided on a topic for my philosophy research project. The one where I was told at the beginning of October, "If you don't have several of your sources read already, you're behind." Yeah, that's a 10-pager that requires significant research. Probably should have started on that one sooner!
In addition to all of this, I'm applying to internships and trying to get ready for finals. Plenty to keep me busy 12 hours a day until it's all over. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment