Monday, January 12, 2009

Year End in Review

I know, I know a little late in coming, but as soon as you understand the month I've had there will be no more hard feelings. Ok?

First off Ryan and I flew to AZ after he finished up with school. Congrats on Graduating! We spent a week with my family, which consisted of Ryan baptizing my cousin's son, me freaking out over Braxton Hicks contractions, me catching a cold, going to the Mesa Temple to see the lights, getting hot chocolate, lots of reading and chilling with the family.












I also hit 32 weeks in my pregnancy. I got Ryan a cool gift which I totally surprised him with. It was a pull up bar that he's been talking about wanting for a while. It was funny because he had already seen the present I got him, wrapped up under the tree. A couple days later we were out last minute shopping and he pointed at the pull up bars on display and said, "I want one of those!" I just looked at it and said, "that one? ok." That was that. I totally didn't give it away as you can tell from the look of surprise on Ryan's face. Classic.


Christmas day ended with my family as we said our goodbyes and headed for the airport. The most unpleasant flight ever. Or so I thought. There was lots of turbulence, but from so many flights getting canceled over the weather we felt lucky to make it back to Salt Lake City at all. We joined up with Ryan's sister and family at the airport and waited while they closed the airport ready to settle in for the night. They opened up our flight after half an hour delay. We were scheduled to go at 9:00 and were supposed to be in Oregon by 10:00 pm. Lucky us...or were we? Did I mention my cold had gotten worse? It settled into my chest in a tight icky lock.
Well, we get on the plane and then they tell us we have to get off because one of our engines don't work. Then they tell us to stay put while they scrape the ice out of it. Well that worked, but then we had to get in line to get de-iced. At first we were #3 in line and they told us it would be 10 minutes for each plane...Long story short at about 4 in the morning we finally take off. That has to be the longest time on a plane without going anywhere ever. Not a fun thing for a pregnant sick lady. Well, we finally made it to Ryan's parents and I got a blessing. Then I slept. I woke up sometime later in the day when everyone was going to open presents. I don't look too bad for a nightmare of a time it was. We were still so blessed to actually make it. Our flight could have gotten completely canceled.







More to come later, but let's just say I got another cold on New Year's Eve when we had to fly back to Utah. And then we came home to this. Oh yeah 2 days later we moved to California...
Oh and still very much pregnant.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Make sure you take care of yourself, okay? :)

Thorne Family said...

I know how you feel with the cold and cough. I had that, have you tried taking mucinex (sp) that worked for me. In fact the doctor prescribed it, so I know it's ok to take.