Thursday, September 18, 2008

Breadmaking



Last Saturday we spent with these awesome people. They are Ryan's grandparents.

We wanted to get some pictures of them for a painting project I am doing. Also I wanted to learn how to make yummy bread like Grandma Mangum makes.



This is me working hard at making bread. Ok, it was actually really easy. The machine did most of the work.



Ryan and Grandpa Mangum "worked" out in the garden for a bit. This is me sneaking up on Grandpa through the peach trees. I think he saw me.



The wait must have been too much for Ryan and Grandpa Mangum to take though because they passed out in front of the TV watching football.




All in all it turned out pretty good. I think it was nice of Grandpa to say it was really delicious as if he hadn't been eating it everyday for years. It was his sister's recipe.
We've almost finished off the 3 loaves we made. I think once the novelty has worn off it will be easier to keep from eating 3 loaves of bread a week.



I look forward to making a batch on my own. Hope it turns out as good.

4 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Oh I love homemade bread! My mother-in-law makes the most delicious bread and no matter how hard I try I can't match the recipe. Delicious. Do we get to see the painting you are working on? :)

How are you feeling these days?

Ryan said...

PS...The bread she made on her own this week was every bit as good.

Little Crazies said...

so where's the secret recipe? :))

allie & jeff said...

this is great! and congratulations on your baby news!!