Sunday, October 14, 2007

The hunt

Life's been insanely hectic, but enjoyable and exciting as of late. I recently had a first round interview with Oliver Wyman. It was a phone interview, and apparently I did fairly well. When the interview was over I was told that I was going to be recommend for a second round interview, and was complimented as having done better on the case interview ("by far") than anyone else that had been interviewed up to that point. So that was a huge compliment. It made me feel better after having my application rejected by three firms prior to landing an interview with Oliver Wyman. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't... I have my second round interview with them on Tuesday. It's another over-the-phone interview. If that one goes well, then (as far as I understand it) I get flown out to one of Oliver Wyman's offices (not sure just one...probably Boston or Chicago I think) for a series of final interviews. The way it was described to me, this series of interviews would consist of two or three back to back interviews. So, hopefully all works out there. There are a number of other places I'm still interested in (including Deloitte, LEK, and Bain), but regardless of where I end up, life will be a lot better once I get a job offer from somebody.

So there's the update on my life. I've been on campus an average of 10-12 hours a day as of late trying to get caught up in school work as I continue working, and job hunting. Life is sweet.

No comments: